Eye Cream Ingredients
Description: the area around the eye is the thinnest skin on the face, and due to the lack of fatty tissue and the constant muscle movement, it is most sensitive for damage, dryness and sagging and normally the first area where fine lines and wrinkles appear. This makes eye care products a whole separate skincare branch, and for this reason these products are generally more soothing and less irritating than other facial care products. Eye care products are made in the form of serums, gels, and creams. They have several functions: reducing puffiness, bags, fine lines and crow feet, hydrating the area, brightening and protecting it from environmental damage. Eye creams can be found to cover all these concerns, as well as creams aiming for a specific function.
Trends and Ingredients: an evolution which took place for most cosmetic products is the replacement of synthetic ingredients by natural ingredients. The sensitive skin under the eyes makes it even more important to avoid fragrances and other ingredients which might irritate the skin. There are also eye creams for men, even though this is still not part of the daily routine of most men. The main groups of ingredients for eye creams are:
- moisturizers and emollients (for example hyaluronic acid or Ingresil BDMCP-805)
- vitamins and antioxidants, which protect the skin from free radicals and sun damage and minimize aging signs (Vitame C, Vitamine E, Retinol)
- SPF is included in some eye creams to protect the delicate eye area
- preservatives like Diazolidinyl Urea and IngreCare PE
- thickening and other ingredients, for example Glyceryl Stearate SE or PVP K30W